NAMI Shoreline support groups are peer-led and offer participants an opportunity to share their experiences and gain support from other attendees.
NAMI Connecticut offers a variety of free, peer-led support groups throughout the state in conjunction with its local affiliates, including groups for people living with mental health challenges, parents, siblings, partners, and young adults. New groups are started all the time so be sure to check back regularly to this page if you don’t see a group in your area.
- NAMI Affiliate Family Support Groups
- Other NAMI Family Support Groups
- NAMI-CAN Support Groups (Child and Adolescent Network)
- The NAMI Connection Recovery Support Groups
- NAMI Young Adult Connection Recovery Groups
You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by trained leaders who’ve been there.
NAMI’s support groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
- Free of cost to participants
- Led by people with lived experience
- 60-90 minutes long and meets weekly, every other week or monthly (varies by location)
- No specific medical therapy or treatment is endorsed
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you can gain hope and feel a sense of connection. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You’ll benefit from other’s experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space.
The support groups currently provided by NAMI Shoreline are:
For a full listing please check NAMI CT